CategoryAdministrative / Clerical Jobs; Customer Service/Customer Support
Career levelEntry Level; Student (Undergraduate/Graduate); Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education LevelHigh School or equivalent
Years of Experience3 - 5
ReliableVA Staffing Solutions is a recruiting firm and our client is seeking On-Site Specialists & Sr. Specialists in various U.S locations for a contract-to-hire role.
Contract: 3 months
Shift: 1st during contract period
Hourly Rate: Contract rate varies depending on experience, education and location.
IT Technician- General Job Description
Experience for this position ranges from intermediate to advanced.
General (applies to the overall function of the job, across location types)
• End User Support
o Install/configure/upgrade hardware/software
o Diagnose and repair hardware and software problems
o Participate in on-call rotation schedule for onsite and remote users
o Use IT support request system to document, prioritize, and track requests
• Production Support
This level of support includes local IT functions and systemic failures that impact production (e.g., general network slowness, local and remote server problems, global application errors).
• Routine Maintenance
o Maintain system OS and hardware (e.g., running diagnostics, deleting old temp files, removing dust)
o Maintain inventory of equipment and supplies (computers, peripherals, cables, adapters, etc.)
• Infrastructure Support
o Build and/or install cables
o Research, learn, and evaluate new software
o Document hardware, software and systems
o Assist other IT departments with troubleshooting/repair/projects
An understanding of a wide variety of personal computing equipment, software and troubleshooting techniques
• Experience with current operating systems and software including but not limited to Windows 10/7, Server OS’s, Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange
• Basic understanding of Networking Fundamentals (Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Cabling, Wireless)
• Knowledge of TCP/IP and general networking concepts including DNS, DHCP, FTP & VPN
• Experience in conducting research into software and hardware issues and products
• Customer service skills as well as oral and written communication skills
• Experience in remote user support
• Ability to work independently under pressure in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment and adapt quickly to procedural and priority changes
• Candidate should be results driven, and work effectively in a team environment
• Must be well organized, conscientious, with excellent attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize effectively & perform proactively
• Ability to exercise sound judgment, display initiative and innovation on the job
• Work extended hours, including evenings and weekend hours to meet project deadlines or resolve issues
• Participate in on-call duties that will require carrying a cell phone and respond to calls outside normal work hours.
• Must have knowledge of proper lifting techniques and be able to lift at least 50 lbs
• Be open to assume additional responsibilities
• HS Diploma, GED, or position-related experience required.
• Degree in a related discipline, or equivalent experience combined with certifications, preferred.
• 3-years or more experience in a Help Desk environment supporting Intel / AMD desktops and laptops preferred.
• Previous IT support experience in the retail warehouse environment a plus and preferred (Includes experience supporting RF devices and thermal (label) printers)