CategoryMedical / Health Jobs; medical
Job typeFull Time
Career levelExperienced (Non-Manager)
Education LevelAssociate Degree
Years of Experience3 - 5
ReliableVA Solutions is a recruiting firm and our client is a well known leader in the healthcare industry.
Required skills & experience (the 5 “must haves” to be considered):
Education: • Associates or Bachelors Degree in Nursing or OT, PT, SLP
1. Must possess an active license as one of the following:
Registered Nurse -OR- Occupational Therapist -OR-Physical Therapist
2. 3-5 years of relevant clinical healthcare experience working in a skilled nursing, long term care, post acute or rehabilitation facility.
3. 1 year MINIMUM of recent case management experience within a skilled nursing facility. (Utilization Review/Management, MDS coordinator, and Clinical Liaison experience is also strongly preferred).3
4. Experience coordinating with providers, nursing and therapy staff to adjust and monitor patient care plans (Interdisciplinary Teams).
5. Solid understanding of compliance with Medicare guidelines and procedures specifically for care within skill nursing facilities.
What you need to know:
• The Inpatient Care Coordinator must live within a 30-minute commute of Bronx, NY
• The Inpatient Care Coordinator is responsible for coordinating transitions and identifying appropriate care plan in order to improve patient recovery.
• Coordinators will manage an average caseload of 25-30 patients • 80% of the day spent in the field providing onsite support to patients across several skilled nursing facilities •
20% of day spent in home office-documentation, e-mails, prep (start this at end of the day)
• Will have six weeks of training; the first two weeks will be classroom training in TN (travel expenses will be covered)