The Manager of Design Services for this newly formed group will act in a player/coach capacity, serving as an expert design engineer and with the scope to build out a team to support the business growth targets. This is a highly visible role with tremendous potential for career advancement and growth.
- Layout design of rigid and flexible multilayer printed circuit boards
- Work with Electrical engineering teams to implement complex circuit boards
- Create, edit, and revise component placements, routing, board outlines, and constraints as needed to meet customer product specifications
- Work with EEs, MEs, DFM engineers and PCB vendors to optimize design layout
- Own the responsibility of creating final design packages including executing DRC checks and generating fabrication and assembly documentation
- Implement new PCB technologies and processes for the design team
- Maintain and expand knowledge of PCB design and manufacturing technologies and materials to take full advantage of industry capabilities
- Conduct design feasibility studies to evaluate PCB design goals for packaging, cost, manufacturing and system performance
- Team management and leadership experience
- 7+ years of relevant work experience with circuit board layout design
- Strong working knowledge of PCB manufacturing, rigid and flex PCB materials
- Experienced with Cadence Allegro, Altium Designer, Mentor Xpedition, and Mentor PADS
- Hands-on with laying out high speed and impedance controlled multilayer PCBs
- Skilled at routing BGA parts with 0.4mm pitch and less
- Knowledge of component library management and component footprint creation
- Possess excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with strong aptitude for teamwork
- US Citizen/Greencard Holder (Employer is not able to sponsor visa candidates)
ReliableVA Staffing Solutions is a recruiting firm and our client is a start up in Silicon Valley.
ReliableVA Staffing Solutions is a job recruitment firm specializing in talent sourcing and acquisition in health care and IT.